Not sure what to cook for tea today? Got chicken, bread and eggs? Then, these babies are for you!
After a friend’s little girl requested chicken nuggets for her tea I couldn’t stop thinking about them. Many of you who know me well will know that I have a bit of an addiction to chicken nuggets. They were also one of my cravings during pregnancy.
Anyways, we already had chicken breasts ready to cook for tea so I came up with this little recipe that was so delicious I decided I needed to share it.
The little guy loved them; they make ace finger food. I did fry them so they’re not the healthiest dinner option but the benefit of knowing you’ve made them with 100% chicken breast was a winner for me. I’m sure they’d also be delicious baked just slightly less crispy.
2 x chicken breasts (made 16 nuggets, and fed two hungry adults and an even hungrier toddler)
2 x slices of bread made into breadcrumbs
2 x slightly beaten eggs (just use one first and add the second if you need it)
Handful of flour
Grated Parmesan (or hard cheese, let’s be honest I never fork out for ‘actual’ Parmesan)
- Cut your chicken breasts into goujons/nuggets.
- Coat the chicken in flour. I just shook mine in a sandwich bag.
- Dip, and coat, the chicken pieces in the egg.
- If you have a food processor, whizz the bread into breadcrumbs and put into a bowl. Then, whizz the Parmesan until all crumbled finely and add to the breadcrumbs.
- Dip, and coat, the chicken in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat rapeseed oil (or your oil of choice) in a frying pan (about half a cm covering the base of the pan)
- Fry the nuggets until golden brown and cooked right through.
- Serve with whatever you fancy. We had potato wedges, salad and various dips.
- Eat your nuggets and feel blissfully happy!